As I stood in line at the store this morning, the guy in
front of me sneezed, then blew his nose with a big, wet,
I thought, "Holy mugga mugga, that's a lot of mucus."
That got me thinking that although we usually associate it
with having a cold, mucus is a normal, healthy bodily
secretion. It's a clear, slimy material that's meant to
protect our inner membranes and tissues from harmful
In the respiratory system mucus protects our lungs by
trapping foreign particles that enter through the nose and
mouth when we breathe.
Mucus also coats everything we eat or drink--even water.
If it senses acid or toxins in what we've ingested, the
mucus immediately starts working to engulf the toxins and
move them out of the body. When this happens, it becomes
thick, gooey and cloudy (like what we usually see when we
have a head cold).
Unfortunately, many people cause this to happen morning,
noon and night because of the foods they eat.
You see, your body sees most acid-creating foods and food
combinations as dangerous, so every time you eat them, your
mucus goes into protection mode.
And you get that thick, gooey feeling in the back of your
throat that causes you to cough and clear your throat.
A perfect example is ice cream. How many times have you
felt "clogged" after eating some Ben & Jerry's and needed a
glass of water to help clear your throat?
The same thing is happening when children who drink milk
get ear infections.
The mucus in their bodies surrounds the acidy milk, and it
ends up getting trapped near the back of their throat and
eardrums when they lie down to sleep. Toxins and bacteria
build up in the thick mucus and voila--ear infection.
Well-meaning parents then bring the child the doctor for
another round of antibiotics, not knowing that in most
cases the child would see a HUGE improvement if dairy (and
other acid-creating foods) was eliminated from his diet.
No drugs or ear tube surgery necessary.
Now, mucus doesn't quit in the throat when it senses
you've eaten something acidy or toxic. It follows the
offending food right down the digestive tract to escort it
"out the door."
But since the food is surrounded by the thick mucus, some
of the food and mucus can get trapped in your intestines.
Once they do, a breeding ground for bad bacteria has been
This can cause gas, bloating, constipation and lead to
developing or worsening of diverticulosis, diverticulitis,
colitis and IBS symptoms.
I spell it right out what foods and food combinations are
acid-creating, so you know exactly what's likely to get the
mucus going, so you can avoid it.
And if you "can't live without" some of your favorite acid-
creating foods (like ice cream and others), I'll show you
how to eat them to help minimize their effects.
Use Great Taste No Pain, and you'll feel a lot less
clogged up real soon.
To your health,
PS: Earldine is saving loads of money:
My name is Earldine Sanders. I received your Great Taste
No Pain plan, and by the second day I was in total shock--
I've had IBS for 3 years, been to doctors who gave me
different meds which didn't do any good. So I stopped the
meds and did the best I could.
But then it got so bad with the bloating, PAIN, diarrhea
and constipation, I could not take it any more. I was
looking on the Mayo Clinic site to make an appointment,
when I came across your site. http://www.greattastenopain.com/great.asp
So I decided to try one more eating plan and I'm so
thankful that I did.
Sherry, your plan saved me from having to go to more
doctors, and save me loads of money.
I have stopped taking Pepcid; I have been pain free, no
bloating, no diarrhea and no constipation. I FEEL GREAT.
The food is tasty and easy to prepare. We had your Shrimp
Scampi for dinner tonight and it was GREAT.
I have been telling everyone about GTNP and they need to
try it because it works.